Phosphorus is a macronutrient that is responsible for energy transfer in the plant.
In this Agronomic Tip of the Week podcast, Dr. Steve Petrie discusses why we should pay close attention to phosphorus nutrition, the different forms of P and how it interacts with the other nutrients.
In this episode:
Why worry about P
- It doesn’t move much in soil
- No drinking water standard for P; but it can lead to increased microbial growth in water.
What does P do in a plant?
- Part of RNA and DNA
- Energy transfer – ADP and ATP
P in the soil
- Availability of different forms
- pH effects on P availability
The 4R's for Phosphorus
See all Yara podcasts