The 9-acre Challenge is a Yara North America initiative to promote better crop nutrition for California nut orchards. As a crop nutrition expert, Yara believes there is a healthier and more profitable way to feed California nut orchards than the standard practice.
The winner of the 9-acre Challenge drawing will receive a full nutrition program to feed 9 acres of nut orchard, as well as other tools and agronomical support from Yara’s nut experts. The intention is to assess the differences in crop quality and quantity between these 9 acres and the rest of the orchard.
The winner of the Challenge will receive the following from Yara North America:
- YaraLiva® CN-9®, up to 9 tons
- YaraVita® Powerbor™ Ca, 3 quarts/ac, up to 7.5 gallons
- YaraVita® Bud Builder™, 8.8 lbs per acre, up to 88 lbs
- Yara SOPG, up to 2000 lbs
- 3 soil/leaf analysis during the 2017 season
- 2 farms visit from a Yara crop expert during the 2017 season
This Yara Nutritional Program is valued at more than $3,500.