We deliver profitable and responsible solutions for agriculture and the environment.
Key facts & figures
- Revenues (2016): USD 11 billion (USD 13.9 billion in 2015)
- EBITDA (2016): USD 1.8 billion (USD 2.6 billion in 2015)
- Fertilizer sales (2016): 27.2 million tons (26.5 million tons in 2015)
- Industrial sales (2016): 6.9 million tons (7 million tons in 2015)
- Ammonia trade (2016): 2 million tons
- Number of employees (2016, at year-end): 14,736 (12,883 in 2015)
- Established as Norsk Hydro in 1905, demerged as Yara International ASA in 2004
- President and CEO since September 2015: Svein Tore Holsether
- Headquartered in Oslo, Norway: Listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange
Our Production Platform
We are the world’s largest producer of ammonia, nitrates and NPKs, providing the foundation of Yara’s fertilizer and industrial solutions
- Operational efficiency
- Clean technologies
- Safe and reliable production
Crop Nutrition solutions
We are the leading provider of sustainable crop nutrition solutions, supporting farmer profitability through knowledge, optimal quality and productivity.
- Global and local agronomic, marketing and sales knowledge
- Sales offices in more than 60 countries and sales to about 160 countries worldwide
Nitrogen applications and environmental solutions
We have a leading position in nitrogen applications, and have become a total solutions provider in the market for emission control solutions.
- Reagents and solutions to reduce emissions from plants, ships, trucks and cars
- Nitrate-based chemicals with applications ranging from renewable energy to pharmaceutical industry
- Solutions for the civil explosives industry
- Solutions for animal feed
Supply Chain plays an expert role in realizing Yara’s scale advantages and serving the operating segments with cost competitive and high quality raw materials
- Unique ammonia trade and logistics worldwide
- Purchase of energy, potassium, and phosphate rock
- Sourcing and trade of finished fertilizer and ammonia
- Global information technology and services
- New Supply Chain in Europe to increase the customer experience and value
Did you know that...
- 1.4 million is the number of tons of NOx emissions that we helped our customers reduce in 2015. This is equivalent to more than the total annual emissions in France.
- We provide crop nutrition products, solutions and knowledge to 20 million farmers worldwide.
- 240 million is the number of people we help feed through our crop nutrition solutions.